Saturday 16 February 2013

14/02/2013 & 16/02/2013 Hatherton

14/02/13
 I had just begun my walk when a Sparrowhawk landed just behind me on the path with a Blackbird in it's grasp, what a day to forget my camera!! After a bit of muttering under my breath I continued my walk and saw - 2 Sparrowhawks, Blackbird, Long-tailed Tit, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Robin, Magpie, Wood Pigeon, Black-headed Gull, Jay, Mute Swan, Coot, Tufted Duck, Moorhen and Mallard.

16/02/2013
Great Tit, Blue Tit, Blackbird, Chaffinch, Black-headed Gull, Herring Gull, Coot, Moorhen, Mute Swan, Mallard, Tufted Duck, Robin, Wood Pigeon, Little Grebe, Magpie, Rook, Greenfinch, Feildfare and Long-tailed Tit. 

I have counted the bird species seen by me or reported to me at Hatherton Reservoir last year (2012) and the total was 72. 


No comments:

Post a Comment