Saturday 22 September 2012

17/09/2012 An afternoons birding in Staffs

I know it's a bit late but here is my birding report for Monday afternoon.

The first visit was to Whitemoor Haye it was very quiet but I did see - Swallow, Tree Sparrow, Lapwing, Crow, Starling, Kestrel, Wood Pigeon and Magpie.

Then it was over to Blithfield, I only had time to visit the dam area and the causeway but saw - Grey Heron, Meadow Pipit, Pied Wagtail, Goldfinch, Lesser black-backed Gull, Great black-backed Gull, Black-headed Gull, Lapwing, Yellow Wagtail, Mute Swan, Coot, Mallard, Crow, Magpie, Wood Pigeon, Starling, Swallow, Great crested Grebe, Wheatear and House Martin.

Then on the way home I made a brief stop at Cannock Chase and saw -Nuthatch, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Greenfinch, Chaffinch, Bullfinch, Robin, Great Tit, Dunnock, Blackbird, Magpie, Siskin, Wood Pigeon, Pheasant and Green Woodpecker.

No comments:

Post a Comment