Monday 3 September 2012

03/09/2012 Chasewater and Hatherton

I didn’t want to go far today so when my other half said he was going for a walk around Chasewater I decided to join him. It was fairly quiet bird wise, but not human wise! But I did see - Canada Geese, Mute Swan, Mallard, Coot, Moorhen, Pied Wagtail, Jay, Magpie, Wood Pigeon, Wren, Black headed Gull, Lesser black-backed Gull, Tufted Duck, Crow, Great crested Grebe, Grey Heron, Goldfinch, Buzzard, Peregrine, Lapwing and I heard a Bullfinch.  I also saw a small Lizard and 2 Red Deer. The warm sunshine had also brought a few Butterflies and Dragonflies out such as Small White, Speckled Wood, Red Admiral also a Small red Damselfly.  

Hatherton Reservoir
In the afternoon I went for a short walk around the Reservoir and saw - Mute Swan, Mallard, Coot, Tufted Duck, Little Grebe, Moorhen, Kingfisher, Grey Heron, Reed Warbler, Robin, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Willow Tit, Blackbird, Chaffinch, Great spotted Woodpecker, Wood Pigeon, Magpie,  I also heard Jay and Green Woodpecker.

No comments:

Post a Comment