Tuesday 18 January 2011

17/01/2011 Branston Water Park

Today was our first outdoor meeting of the year and we all met up at Branston Water Park for a mornings birding we saw- Canada Goose, Mute Swan, Mallard, Coot, Moorhen, Greylag Geese, Cormorant, Long-tailed Tit, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Gadwall, Wigeon, Lapwing, Black-headed Gull, Pochard, Pied Wagtail, Goldeneye, Goldfinch, Magpie, Crow, Shovler, Chaffinch, Lesser black-backed Gull, Grey Heron, Wood Pigeon, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird, Coal Tit, Reed Bunting, Wren, Collared Dove, Rook.  Also spotted were Siskin and Redpoll but unfortunately I missed these!!

Whilst I was sitting in my car having my lunch I could hear a tap tap tap on my car. The culprit is pictured below



a cheeky hungry Swan

After lunch I went over to the National Memorial Arboretum and saw – Little Grebe, Lapwing, Wood Pigeon, Great-crested Grebe, Coot, Tufted Duck, Canada Geese, Greylag Geese, Goldfinch, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Chaffinch, Crow, Magpie, Blackbird, Robin, Mallard, and Grey Heron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment