Monday 3 January 2011

02/01/2011 Local Patch

On my first walk around my local patch of the year the first birds I saw were 4 Goosanders on the reservoir, its’ the first time I’ve seen them there!  other birds seen were- 15 Black-headed Gull, 6 Coot, 7 Moorhen, 40 Mallard, 14 Tufted Duck, 4 Mute Swan, 7 Blue Tit, 10 Long-tailed Tit, 2 Jay, 16 Wood Pigeon, 6 Magpie, 4 Great Tit, 4 Chaffinch, 8 Crow, 3 Bullfinch, 1 Grey Heron, 2 Great-spotted Woodpecker, 2 Green Woodpecker, 5 Blackbird, 2 Jackdaw, 1 Rook, 5 House Sparrow.  The reservoir is still frozen in most parts and the other pool is still completely frozen.   I extended my walk to include a new area along a disused Canal where I added a Little Egret and another 3 Mute Swans to my days list.  Not a bad start to 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment