Wednesday 20 April 2011

18/04/2011 Chasewater

The group met up at Chasewater this morning and we saw - Lapwing, Mute Swan, Mallard, Crow, Coot, Black-headed Gull, Shovler, Lesser black-backed Gull, Common Tern, Little Gull, Great-crested Grebe, Ringed Plover, Little ringed Plover, Skylark, Wood Pigeon, Whinchat, Canada Geese, Linnet, Tufted Duck, House Martin, Cormorant, Sand Martin, Goldfinch we also heard Yellow Wagtail and Willow Warbler. We also saw a lot of Orange tipped butterflies.

After the meeting I went over to the Cadet Huts on Cannock Chase in search of the Great grey Shrike and Wryneck that had been seen, well I had no luck with those two!! But I did see – Yellowhammer, Kestrel, Common Whitethroat, Magpie, Great Tit, Robin, Blue Tit, Buzzard, I also heard Raven, Cuckoo, Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler. Over at Marquis drive I added Pied Wagtail to my list. Also at Freda’s grave I added Chaffinch, Dunnock and Long-tailed Tit.

No comments:

Post a Comment